Who stays at Ballynoe House?
In the high season, our guests are typically:
- Families and family groups taking their summer holiday in West Cork. Since being highlighted as one of the best accommodation providers for families with autistic children, we have an increasing number of reservation enquiries from this group.
- Guests attending local weddings who are taking the opportunity to extend their stay and enjoy the area around Clonakilty.
The shortage of accommodation in the area means that we are typically booked a year in advance for July & August. Wedding planners work a year ahead of their events and we enjoy a high number of returning guests.
Throughout the year, our guests also include:
- Teams competing in the West Cork Rally, held around St. Patrick’s Day weekend every year.
- Couples without children and families with pre-school children who can holiday outside of school term time.
- International family groups with a local connection who meet annually or for a special family event.
- Couples and international groups of friends looking for a quiet location to meet up or to take a break in a quieter time of year.
- Bridal parties and guests attending a wedding event at one of the many local hotel venues. West Cork is the wedding capital of Ireland.
- Visitors to local families for annual holidays such as Easter, Christmas & New Year. We are open all year round.
- Journalists and film crews.
- Workers on major infrastructure and other construction projects.
- Genealogy researchers.
An increasing number of our reservation enquiries are from the Irish diaspora looking into their local origins or are in some way distantly related through DNA testing who can benefit from having expertise available on site.
Since Clonakilty became Ireland’s first autistic-friendly town, several families with autistic children have decided to relocate to the area.
During the winter months between September and March we offer special rates for those looking to stay longer for house hunting or during periods of removals and/or house construction.
Whatever your self-catering accommodation needs are in West Cork, contact us.
Nationality of guests staying at Ballynoe House in 2022.