You are invited to read this page before contacting us about availability. All additional information (pricing, privacy notice and terms & conditions) can be downloaded directly from the links provided. If you are not sure, please take advantage of our personal service as we may still be able to help you with your accommodation needs. Accommodation starting from €45 per person per night.
Telephone, email, WhatsApp or message us through social media for general enquiries, or use the simplified contact form on our Homepage.
Making a Reservation
Fill out the form at the base of this page for personalised service and customised accommodation. Availability is determined by your preferred date of arrival, the number of nights stay, and how the bedrooms can be configured to match your family/group. Requests to bring dogs and hold workshops with the resident genetic genealogist must be made at time of enquiry. Below you can get a quick overview of what we provide.
What We Provide
- Three fully-equipped luxury self-catering guesthouses for guest hospitality as holiday homes/vacation rentals for an agreed period.
- Guesthouses can be rented individually or in combination (2, 4, 6 or 8 double bedrooms).
- All bedrooms en-suite. An additional family bathroom in each guesthouse.
- Accommodation for families, groups, couple getaways, residential courses (onsite or offsite), business awaydays, weddings, and events. Mature Hens welcome!
- Child- and autism friendly interiors and 2 acres of grounds (incl. play area, wildflower meadows, woodland walk and fairy door trail). Travel cot and high chair for each guesthouse.
- Number of adults/children in beds: 14-16.
- Babies in travel cots : 1-3 (parents may provide additional cots, subject to final bedroom configurations).
- Additional children on floor mattress with own sleeping bag: 1-3 (subject to final bedroom configurations).
- Well-behaved dogs accepted outside of high season (subject to availability in high season and additional T&Cs).
- Minimum stay 7 nights in high season (mid June to end August). Shorter stays subject to availability in this period.
- Minimum stay of 3 nights at all other times.
- 2-night weekend getaways (subject to availability).
- Longer-term rental as temporary/transit accommodation (such as relocators, house hunters, home owners undergoing building renovations, artist/writer retreat, etc.).
- Accommodation for competing crews in the West Cork Rally (around St Patrick’s Day weekend).
- Short and longer-term accommodation for agencies, film crews and their support staff, as well as for infrastructure and construction projects.
- Consultant services from the resident family historian and genetic genealogist if you have DNA tested.
What We Don’t Provide
- Short-stay hotel/B&B-style hospitality (i.e. accommodation by the room).
- Commercial long-term rentals for tenants (as defined by the Residential Tenancy Board).
- Accommodation for dogs in high season (between Mid-June and the end of August) is not guaranteed, except registered service dogs where official registration documents are provided at the time of Reservation.
- Ground floor bedrooms.
Pricing, Payment & Conditions
- Rates are all-inclusive of utilities, services & amenities as advertised and VAT.
- For stays less than 7 nights a single short-stay supplement is payable for each guesthouse.
- Stays of less than 3-nights, which include weekends, priced at the 3-night minimum rate.
- Longer-stay guests have special negotiated monthly rates with a simple additional side agreement. Normal T&Cs still apply.
- Payment by bank transfer (IBAN provided on reservation confirmation) or by secure payment link (Stripe) that accepts payment by SEPA, credit/debit card, PayPal, Apple Pay, and Google Pay.
- Final booking documentation/joining instructions issued once full payment received.
- Our deposit free reservations are non-binding on both parties.
- All Reservations expire three calendar months prior to arrival date unless fully paid or cancelled. Payment ensures a firm Booking subject to the T&Cs.
- Reservations made within 3-months of arrival are held for 48 hours for payment to be made.
Ballynoe House is associated with leading local and award-winning wedding venues Dunmore House Hotel & Fernhill House Hotel. We also provide support accommodation for offsite events and weddings at the Celtic Ross Hotel, Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa, Camus Farm, and neighbouring Dunowen House. Contact us to discuss accommodation for your bridal party or wedding guests, especially those who would like to spend a little more time exploring West Cork before or after your event.
Our grounds are large enough to support several marquees, so please advise if you would like to arrange a marquee at time of reservation. Enquiries from other private or corporate event planners and course leaders welcome.
Resident Family Historian and Genetic Genealogist
Free introductions and paid personalised workshops available for guests interested in exploring their family tree or have DNA tested. Expert guidance to understand and use your results.
As some preparations may be required by both guest and the resident genealogist (for example, the guest taking a DNA test which will take several months to process), please indicate this at time of reservation. Separate correspondence will be entered into ahead of your stay.
Children & Environment-Friendly Accommodation
Ballynoe House is child-friendly, providing two acres of grounds for kids to explore. A highchair and one cot are included free of charge in each Guesthouse (cot bedding not provided). Parents can bring their own travel cot and portable stair gates as required. For families that need to accommodate an additional child above the standard sleeping configuration, a floor mattress can be supplied upon request (subject to availability and bedroom configurations). Child must bring their own sleeping bag – we will supply the pillow). Please mention this requirement at the time of Reservation.
We operate with a no-smoking/no vaping policy. For logistical and operational reasons we are unable to take family pets during high season (between mid-June and the end of August) otherwise subject to availability, additional T&Cs and daily charge. The 5 acres of the Ballynoe estate are managed as a wildlife reserve which include ground-nesting birds.
Supporter of Clonakilty Autism-Friendly Town
Ballynoe House supports Clonakilty as the first autism-friendly town in Ireland. We provide tranquil indoor and sensory outdoor spaces for those that need it. We have a degree of flexibility in our autism-friendly accommodation, so please contact us ahead of making a reservation to ensure that we can support your stay. We are recognised as one of the best holiday destinations in Ireland for families with autistic children.
Check out our guest reviews. We are rated 4.9 out of 5 on average on any platform where we are listed. We aim to exceed your expectations for self-catering accommodation.
We look forward to receiving your enquiry and helping you plan a memorable stay in West Cork.
Mark & Felicity Grace
Ballynoe House – January 2024