Thank you for your interest in booking a stay with Ballynoe House.
Before you contact Ballynoe House to discuss your booking requirements and availability, please read this post in full first. It concerns revised arrangements for stays with Ballynoe House during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and the period in the immediate aftermath. It is recommend to be considered as part of guest planning. This is important both for future guests and your hosts, as the guesthouse accommodation provided by Ballynoe House is part of the owner’s home.
As the world comes to terms with COVID-19, the situation remains complex and not without risk for holidaymakers and accommodation providers alike. Due to ongoing restrictions & guidelines, and additional official and recommended measures that may be introduced in the Republic of Ireland, Ballynoe House is closed until the end of June 2020. Plans are being put in place to partially reopen the business as part of the easing of the Irish government-imposed “lockdown”. The situation has not returned to business as usual and may not do so for some time, i.e. while a status of pandemic is officially notified.
Forward plans are subject to the successful control of the COVID-19 virus through appropriate hygiene measures and the continuation of social distancing. Ballynoe House has also considered the guidelines issued by Fáilte Ireland for self-catering accommodation.
Considerations by Ballynoe House
The following measures are being taken by Ballynoe House during a transitional period, until such time normal trading can resume. This involve the partial suspension of some of the accommodation offering. All measures will be subject to continuous review and will be amended as soon as appropriate.
- The online automated booking system has been suspended until further notice. All bookings will be done through direct interaction with customers.
- To avoid issues highlighted by the pandemic, Ballynoe House’s Terms & Conditions have been updated. As previously, all guests wishing to confirm a booking will be required to sign the document.
- Bookings from guests travelling from outside the Republic of Ireland will be declined until such time travel conditions and the health status of their country of origin are fully understood.
- Guests will have to comply with all Irish COVID-19 related health rules and travel guidelines as currently in force. This included providing full contact details for all members of their part for “Track & Trace” purposes.
- Standard letting by the week will not be possible, due to extended property turnaround times.
- The 4-day minimum stay period has been suspended. Stays will now be a minimum of 1 week (+/-), subject to negotiation based on revised turnaround times.
- Booking preference will be given to longer periods of stay.
- Stays for weekend events, such as weddings, will be subject to availability and consideration of turnaround times. Turnarounds mid-stay due to changes in the wedding party will not be possible.
- Due to ongoing uncertainties, bookings will only be confirmed, and payment requested 2 weeks prior to date of arrival. Normal late cancellation terms will apply, i.e. no refunds.
- Same-day turnaround of guesthouses has been suspended due to longer cleaning times to protect the health of both guests, cleaning staff and the owners:
- Guesthouses will be left vacant for a 24-hour period following guest departure to allow any virus settlement from the air. The virus is reported not to survive on soft furnishings for prolonged periods.
- Professional cleaning staff with appropriate PPE will clean the property on the second day, paying special attention to hard surfaces where the virus may survive for up to 72 hours.
- The guesthouses will then be prepared for new guest arrival.
- In the event a previous guest has proven or suspected COVID-19, the guesthouse will be left empty for at least 72 hours (3 days) prior to turnaround servicing.
- Extended checkout times have been suspended. All guests will be required to leave by the earlier time of 09:00 on day of departure.
- Guests will be required to strip linen from all beds and place them and used towels in plastic bags provided by the owners.
- Early check-in times have been suspended. Guest arrival has been extended to no earlier than 18:00 due to increased turnaround times.
Considerations by Guests
Experience from the pandemic indicates there is no guarantee that wedding planners and holidaymakers are covered by their insurers for COVID-19 related expenses and travel disruption, even where insurance has been obtained. Guests should ensure they have appropriate cancellation and travel disruption insurance and understand the additional risks due to late cancellation or overstay. In these uncertain times, guests should consider events that are outside the control of Ballynoe House that could directly impact on their booking or stay:
- The sudden introduction of national or local “lockdown” measures and travel restrictions during travel to West Cork or during stays due to a virus outbreak.
- Guests who are asked to self-isolate or quarantine during their stay will be required to pay for all the additional time they are occupying the guesthouse, which could be up to two additional weeks. This includes all extended periods of stay due to any enforced national or local “lockdown” which could be of multiple week’s duration.
- Even on day of travel, guests may not be able to access accommodation if it is occupied by a group that has been asked to self-isolate or quarantine due to COVID-19 or an extended turnaround period is required following a case of the virus in the guesthouse. Guests should liaise closely with Ballynoe House before leaving home.
- Guests should be prepared for later arrival and earlier departure times, and that parts of the full offering within each guesthouse may be reduced in response to health & hygiene requirements.
Booking Availability 2020/2021 – Partial Reopening
Legally, Ballynoe House will reopen at the end of June 2020.
- None of the guesthouses are available to let during the months of July, August or September 2020.
- Both Mews houses are not planned to be reopened until just ahead of the proposed dates for the West Cork Rally in March 2021. Should they become available for booking before then, notice will be provided on the Ballynoe House Facebook page.
- The Barn House guesthouse may be available for rent from October 2020 onwards. Enquiries are to be made by email or telephone only and subject to all the additional conditions mentioned above, noting the earliest decision on availability will be mid-September 2020. Again, any changes will be notified on the Ballynoe House Facebook page.
- Decisions of bookings for Christmas & New Year will not be taken until early December.
- The online booking system will remain closed.
Ballynoe House is open to discussing, in general terms, any accommodation plans being considering from March 2021 and beyond without commitment from either side. Presently, there are no guarantees that normal trading conditions will have resumed by next year. Enquiries via telephone, email (excluding users of aol & yahoo email addresses), Facebook, Skype, text or WhatsApp only.
We thank you for your consideration in these difficult times. We look forward to resuming normal service and to be part of your accommodation plans as soon as possible. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Very best wishes,