Reopening in 2021 – Bookings now available
Thank you for your interest in booking with Ballynoe House. Our current plan is to reopen in March 2021 for limited weekly guesthouse letting under revised operating conditions. We remain closed until then due to the Covid-19 pandemic that has prevented the business from operating normally. Please follow our Facebook page to keep up to date on any changes.
Our automatic online booking system is suspended and will remain so throughout the period of the pandemic. Reservations are being taken for 2021 manually, by telephone or email to ensure Covid-19 protocols can be observed. Unfortunately, as a result, certain services and features normally included as part of staying at Ballynoe House have been withdrawn for the protection of guests, the owners and their contractors. All changes are included in the “Booking Preamble”, below.
Ballynoe House is no longer listed on fee- or commissioned-based accommodation portals. You can now only book directly.
This page will be fully revised ahead of the reopening.
Mark & Felicity Grace
Owners, Ballynoe House
We kindly ask all potential guests to read this summary page and the accompanying Booking Contract/Terms & Conditions before making a booking. They respectively summarise and detail what constitutes “fair use” of the luxury self-catering accommodation on offer. Importantly, they also guarantee what we provide to you, as our guests – accommodation that is fully-equipped and ready to go. When making a booking, when recommend you download a copy for your own records.
As a result of the Covid-19 pandemic, the Booking Terms & Conditions (T&Cs) and the Privacy Notice have been amended and are applicable for all bookings from 2021 onwards.
We like to ensure that everything is clear and upfront, but please contact us if you have any questions or we can assist in tailoring your stay. All reservations, bookings and payments are subject to the full Booking Terms & Conditions (T&Cs). All our accommodation is customised to meet the requirements of each set of guests and this must be agreed at the time of booking.
Kindly note that due to the Covid-19 pandemic protocols bookings will:
- Not be taken from outside of the Republic of Ireland.
- Not be stays of less than 7 nights.
- Not involve same day changeovers, so weekly booking matching actual calendar weeks will be rare.
- Require later check-in and earlier check-out times.
- No longer include any previously advertised discounts.
Additionally, ornaments and books that can facilitate the transmission of the Covid-19 virus have be removed. Guests will be required to place all bed linen and towels provided for their stay in the special laundry bags provided.
All payments are made via a secure card payments link only (please also refer to “Insurance” below). Rates are all-inclusive of utilities, services & amenities as advertised and applicable levels of VAT. Our price list (per guesthouse per night) is fixed to Easter 2023 and can be downloaded here.
In support of families and depending on the bedroom configuration you choose, one or two children may be effectively staying free of charge.
Revised check-in time is 18:00 with check-out no later than 09:00.
We Offer a Lot More than Standard Self-Catering Accommodation
Ballynoe House is child-friendly, providing 2 acres of grounds for kids to explore. A high chair and one cot is included free of charge in each guesthouse (cot bedding not provided). For families that need to accommodate an additional child above the standard sleeping configuration, a fold-up camp bed can be supplied upon request (Note: this one additional bed is available per Mews house only, suitable for a child under 10 years bringing their own sleeping bag or bedding – pillow supplied). Please mention this requirement as part of the bedroom configurations agreed at time of booking.
For logistical reasons and the low-allergen interiors, all our accommodation has a no smoking/no vaping policy. We are unable to accept pets. Registered service dogs for the blind, autistic or infirm are taken by prior agreement only.
Ballynoe House supports Clonakilty as the first autism-friendly town in Ireland by providing tranquil indoor and outdoor spaces for those that need it. We have a degree of flexibility in our autism-friendly accommodation, so please contact us ahead of making a booking to ensure that we can support your stay. By the end of 2019, we have been delighted to host 3 families with autistic children and one adult supervised stay.
To preserve the special tranquil setting of our home, the rights of other guests, neighbours and the local environment, all social events or functions that exceed the contractual number of occupants in any of the guesthouses must be agreed in advance. Ballynoe House is a gated property which provides additional safety and security as required for events or those with young children or special needs. This facility will not be available during the pandemic.
Generous off-road parking allows us to support the annual West Cork Rally by providing competing teams, support vehicles and their families accommodation. The period is closed out on our calendar for direct applicants. Please contact us if you would like to be added to our rally accommodation contact list. We can accommodate four teams of four.
Our Terms & Conditions remind guests that they are wholly responsible for their own insurance for obtaining refunds for late booking or wedding/event cancellations, travel disruption or health emergencies of any kind. This includes the current and any future virus pandemic.
Guests Comments & Scores
We strive to provide guests with a unique experience that exceeds expectations. Many of our guests are increasingly the result of personal referrals.
2019 was our first full calendar year of business and reviews received in the 2018/2019 period are summarised below. We are highly appreciative of all our guests who not only leave with a kind word to say about how much they have enjoyed their stay with us, but also that they share this with others.
Follow Ballynoe House on Facebook for news, updates and regional events. We are no longer listed with Booking.com due to their high rates of commission.
Thank you for your support of the direct booking movement. We look forward to welcoming you as guests to our special piece of beautiful West Cork.
Mark & Felicity Grace, Ballynoe House
- Terms & Conditions (T&Cs) should be read carefully prior to making a reservation. Please retain a copy for your records. The T&Cs clearly outline the legal rights and obligations of both Ballynoe House as owners/accommodation providers and the Hirer in terms of “fair use” of the guesthouses. If any clarifications are required please contact us before making a booking. Guests are in separate accommodation in the private grounds of the owner’s home.
- Insurance: It became evident during the COVID-19 pandemic that many insurers, who should have paid out according to their policies, were finding excuses not to do so. This left many customers of small business looking for refunds direct from these businesses. By their very nature, small businesses are not able to be “insurers of last resort” when big insurers do not honour their contracts. This is a matter between the customer and their insurer. Guests are advised to have full and proper cancellation & travel insurance from a reliable insurer.
- If not using our booking portal (where acceptance of T&Cs is part of the booking process), you are required to download the T&Cs (link in right-hand column), sign, date and email the last page in return to validate your reservation. In any event, making payment is taken as an acceptance of all T&Cs including the cancellation polices.