Making a Reservation for 2021/2022/2023
Thank you for your interest in booking with Ballynoe House. Our guesthouse accommodation is available for booking, subject to availability and any Government restrictions that apply as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic. All changes to our operations are included in the “Booking Preamble”, below. Any short-term changes and cancellations will be advertised on Facebook.
To reduce complications from any lockdowns or other measures that may be introduced, our automatic online booking system is suspended until further notice. Reservations are being taken manually, so you can benefit from our personalised service. Please telephone, WhatsApp, email or message us through social media to check for availability. To make a reservation, simply email us with the following information:
- Your name
- Your full residential address
- Your mobile number
- Your contact email
- Your proposed arrival date
- The number of nights to be reserved
- The number and makeup of your party (for agreed bedroom configuration)
- Additional requests, such as highchair, travel cot or additional fold-down bed
- Any other requirements in support of guests who have special needs (in 2021 Ballynoe House was recognised as one of the best holiday destinations in Ireland for families with autistic children)
- How you found out about us and your reason for making a reservation
A reservation confirmation will be issued by our booking system. No deposit is required. All reservations will be non-binding on both parties during the pandemic. Currently, final booking documentation will be issued a few months ahead of the planned arrival date along with a secure payment link. Full payment will be required no later than one calendar month prior to arrival in order to convert any reservation to a firm booking. We are keeping it simple and low risk.
As supporters of the booking direct movement, to ensure your payments only goes to the local community you are visiting, Ballynoe House is no longer listed on fee- or commissioned-based accommodation portals which result in higher holiday costs. You can now only book directly with us.
If you have any questions about making a reservation or the facilities on offer at Ballynoe House, we will be happy to answer them.
Mark & Felicity Grace
Owners, Ballynoe House – June 2021
We kindly ask all potential guests to read this summary page and the accompanying Booking Contract/Terms & Conditions before making a booking. They respectively summarise and detail what constitutes “fair use” of the luxury self-catering accommodation on offer. Importantly, they also guarantee what we provide to you, as our guests, i.e. accommodation that is fully-equipped and ready to go. When making a booking, we recommend you download a copy for your own records.
As a result of the Covid-19 pandemic, the Booking Terms & Conditions (T&Cs) and the Privacy Notice have been amended and are applicable for all bookings from 2021 onwards.
We wish to ensure transparency, so that everything is clear and upfront, but please contact us if you have any questions or we can assist in tailoring your stay. All reservations, bookings and payments are subject to the full Booking Terms & Conditions (T&Cs). All our accommodation is customised to meet the requirements of each set of guests and this must be agreed at the time of booking.
Kindly note that due to Covid-19 pandemic protocols:
- We may decline bookings from outside of the Republic of Ireland, although non-binding advanced reservations may be accepted subject to a review of travel restrictions.
- Stays of less than 7 nights will be subject to availability and operating conditions.
- Same day changeovers are not possible as guesthouses must be left unoccupied between guest departure and new guest arrival, so bookings that match actual calendar weeks (usually Sat-Sat) may not be available.
- Later check-in and earlier check-out times are required for Covid safety.
- Previous discounts are suspended.
- Some high-touch items that can facilitate the transmission of the Covid-19 virus have be removed from the guesthouses.
- Before leaving, guests will be required to place all used bed linen and towels provided for their stay ready for laundry collection.
Ballynoe House is pleased to be associated with local leading and award-winning wedding venues Dunmore House Hotel & Fernhill House Hotel. As lockdown measures ease and weddings become larger events, we will be pleased to discuss any accommodation requirements to support your big day.
All payments are made via a secure card payments link only (please also refer to “Insurance” below). Rates are all-inclusive of utilities, services & amenities as advertised plus VAT. Our price list (per guesthouse per night) is fixed to Easter 2023 and can be downloaded here. We operate with Low Season & High Season rates.
In support of families and depending on the bedroom configuration you choose, one or two children may be effectively staying free of charge.
During the pandemic, our revised check-in time is 18:00 with check-out no later than 09:00.
We Offer a Lot More than Standard Self-Catering Accommodation
Ballynoe House is child-friendly, providing 2 acres of grounds for kids to explore. A high chair and one cot is included free of charge in each guesthouse (cot bedding not provided). For families that need to accommodate an additional child above the standard sleeping configuration, a fold-down camp bed can be supplied upon request (Note: this one additional bed is available in each Mews house only, suitable for a child under 10 years bringing their own sleeping bag or bedding – pillow supplied). Please mention this requirement as part of the bedroom configurations agreed at time of booking.
For logistical reasons and the low-allergen interiors, all our accommodation has a no smoking/no vaping policy. We do not accept pets. Registered service dogs for the blind, autistic or infirm are taken by prior agreement only.
Ballynoe House supports Clonakilty as the first autism-friendly town in Ireland by providing tranquil indoor and outdoor spaces for those that need it. We have a degree of flexibility in our autism-friendly accommodation, so please contact us ahead of making a booking to ensure that we can support your stay. During 2019, we were delighted to successfully host three families with autistic children and one adult-supervised stay.
To preserve the special tranquil setting of our home, the rights of other guests, neighbours and the local environment, all social events or functions that exceed the contractual number of occupants in any of the guesthouses must be agreed in advance. Ballynoe House is a gated property which provides additional safety and security as required for events or those with young children or special needs.
Generous off-road parking allows us to support the annual West Cork Rally by providing competing teams, support vehicles and their families accommodation. The period is closed out on our calendar for direct applicants, but contact us if you would like to be added to our rally accommodation contact list. We can accommodate up to four teams of four.
West Cork is often used for film locations and we would be pleased to discuss longer-term accommodation for film crews and support staff working in the area.
Our Terms & Conditions remind guests that they are responsible for obtaining their own insurance for refunds for any late booking or wedding/event cancellations, travel disruption or health emergencies of any kind. This includes the current and any future virus pandemic.
Guests Comments & Scores
We endeavour to provide guests with a unique experience that exceeds expectations. Many of our guests are the result of personal referrals.
2019 was our first full calendar year of business and reviews received in the 2018/2019 period are shown below. We are highly appreciative of all our guests who not only leave with a kind word to say about how much they have enjoyed their stay, but also that they share this with others on social media (#ballynoehouse). 2020 was lost due to the lockdown, but in 2021, we are working to rebuild the business by supporting “staycationers”. Plans to further develop the business, that have been put on hold, are hoped to be rolled out in 2022 and beyond.
Follow Ballynoe House on Facebook for news, updates and regional events. We are no longer listed with Booking.com due to their high rates of commission that directly impact the cost of your holidays.
Thank you for your support of the direct booking movement. We look forward to welcoming you as guests to our special piece of beautiful West Cork.
Mark & Felicity Grace, Ballynoe House
- Terms & Conditions (T&Cs) should be read carefully prior to making a reservation. Please retain a copy for your records. The T&Cs clearly outline the legal rights and obligations of both Ballynoe House as owners/accommodation providers and the Hirer in terms of “fair use” of the guesthouses. If any clarifications are required please contact us before making a booking. Guests are in separate guesthouse accommodation in the private grounds of the owner’s home.
- Insurance: It became evident during the Covid-19 pandemic that many insurers, who should have paid out according to their policies, were finding excuses not to do so. This left many customers of small business looking for refunds direct from these businesses. By their very nature, small businesses cannot be “insurers of last resort” when insurers do not honour their contracts. This is a matter between the customer and their insurer. Guests are advised to have full and proper cancellation & travel insurance from a reliable insurer. Our revised reservation and booking policy is designed to minimise the risks to both our customers and our business.
- You are requested to download the T&Cs (link in right-hand column), sign, date and email the last page in return to validate your booking. In any event, making any form of payment is taken as an acceptance of all T&Cs, including the cancellation polices.