Reservations for 2022/2023
Thank you for your interest in making a Reservation with Ballynoe House; a unique luxury self-catering offering in this part of Ireland and almost anywhere. We are not part of the short-stay or B&B sector as we have a minimum stay policy (subject to availability and time of year). Our Reservation Book for 2023 is open for advanced holiday and wedding/event planning. Our price list is fixed to the end of 2023.
Our three Guesthouses are available for reservation, subject to any Government restrictions that may be in force as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic. Any changes to our operations are included in the “Booking Preamble”, below. Any policy changes, and short-notice availability are announced on our Facebook page. We are open for international visitors.
As a supporter of the Booking Direct movement you will not find us on third-party agent or commission-based websites that ultimately increase your travel costs. By not having an automatic booking system, you benefit from our detailed and personalised service that ensures our accommodation is the right choice for you. Telephone, WhatsApp, email or message us through social media to check for availability.
To make a Reservation, we require the following information:
- Your name.
- Your full residential address.
- Your mobile number.
- Your contact email.
- Your proposed arrival date.
- The number of nights to be reserved (this is a minimum of, but not limited to, 7 nights in High Season.
Note: You are not limited to a fixed weekly block if booking more than 7 nights.
- The number and makeup of your party (to meet capacity requirements and agree bedroom configurations).
- Additional requests, such as highchair, travel cot or additional mattress.
- Any other requirements to support guests with special needs (in 2021 Ballynoe House was recognised as one of the best holiday destinations in Ireland for families with autistic children).
- Tell us how you found out about us and your reason for making a reservation.
- We do not accept pets, but accept registered service dogs when registration documents are provided at time of reservation.
Our Reservation Policy: We provide low-risk no-deposit Reservations. Reservation confirmations are issued by our booking system (FreetoBook). All Reservations are non-binding and expire two calendar months prior to the arrival date if no payment is received. Full payment is required to convert the Reservation into a firm Booking. A secure payment link is issued ahead of the expiry date for payment by credit card or you can pay by bank transfer (please ask for our IBAN if you wish to pay by this method). Final documentation is issued once full payment is received. In return, all we ask is that you cancel any Reservation promptly, if no longer required.
If you have any questions about Reservations or the facilities on offer at Ballynoe House, we are happy to answer them. Please check out our guest reviews. We score highly in reviews and have many returning guests who rebook a year in advance. We aim to exceed your expectations for self-catering accommodation. If you are thinking of staying with us in High Season we would encourage you to secure your Reservations early as possible.
We looking forward to receiving your enquiry and help you plan a memorable stay in West Cork.
Mark & Felicity Grace
Owners, Ballynoe House – May 2022
Reservation & Booking Preamble
We kindly ask all potential guests to read this summary page and the Terms & Conditions (T&Cs) before making a Reservation. They respectively summarise and detail what constitutes “fair use” of the luxury self-catering accommodation on offer. Importantly, they also guarantee what we provide to you, as our guests, i.e. accommodation that is fully-equipped and ready to go. When making a payment to make a firm Booking, we recommend you download a copy of the T&Cs for your own records as they will apply.
As a result of the Covid-19 pandemic, the T&Cs and the Privacy Notice may be amended from time to time. Changes are announced on our Facebook page. Please follow us to be fully informed and learn more about Ballynoe House.
We strive to ensure transparency with everything clear and upfront, so you can book with confidence. Please contact us if you have any questions or we can assist in tailoring your stay. All our accommodation is customised to meet the requirements of each guest group and this must be agreed at the time of reservation.
Kindly note that due to recommended Covid protocols for the hospitality sector:
- We may decline reservations from outside of the Republic of Ireland. In any event, international travel may be subject to proof of vaccine certification (“Covid Passports”) and periods of quarantine upon arrival.
- Stays <7 nights are subject to availability and operating conditions, but a 7-night minimum is assumed in High Season. A short-stay surcharge is applicable and in any event will not be <3 nights.
- Same day changeovers require a later check-in and earlier check-out time. Our check-in time is 18:00 with check-out at 09:00. Any flexibility is subject to availability and will be agreed with guests nearer the time.
- Social distancing measures will be used when meeting with the Owners.
- Some high-touch items are removed from the Guesthouses. Our Guesthouse guide is now in e-version and provided when a Booking is made.
- Before leaving, guests are requested to place all used bed linen and towels in a duvet bag ready for laundry collection.
Ballynoe House is pleased to be associated with leading local and award-winning wedding venues Dunmore House Hotel & Fernhill House Hotel. Contact us to discuss your accommodation requirements for the bridal party or event guests.
All payments are made via a secure card payment link or bank transfer only (please also refer to “Insurance” below). Nightly rates are all-inclusive of utilities, services & amenities as advertised plus VAT (9% until the end of August 2022; rising to 13.5% thereafter).
In support of families and depending on the bedroom configuration you choose, one or two children may be effectively staying free of charge.
We Offer a Lot More than Standard Self-Catering Accommodation
Ballynoe House is child-friendly, providing 2 acres of grounds for kids to explore. A high chair and one cot is included free of charge in each Guesthouse (cot bedding not provided). For families that need to accommodate an additional child above the standard sleeping configuration, a mattress can be supplied upon request (Note: this facility is only available in each Mews house, suitable for a child or small adult bringing their own sleeping bag or bedding – we supply the pillow). Please mention this requirement as part of the bedroom configurations agreed at time of reservation.
For operational reasons and the low-allergen interiors, all our accommodation is no smoking/no vaping and we do not accept pets. Registered service dogs for the blind, autistic or infirm are taken by prior agreement only. Please provide the dog’s registration documents at time of reservation.
Ballynoe House supports Clonakilty as the first autism-friendly town in Ireland. We provide tranquil indoor and outdoor spaces for those that need it. We have a degree of flexibility in our autism-friendly accommodation, so please contact us ahead of making a reservation to ensure that we can support your stay. We are delighted to be recognised as one of the best holiday destinations in Ireland for families with autistic children.
To preserve the special tranquil setting of our home, the rights of other guests, neighbours and the local environment, all social events or functions that exceed the contractual number of occupants in any of the guesthouses must be agreed in advance. Ballynoe House is a gated property which provides additional safety and security as required for events or those with young children or special needs.
Generous off-road parking allows us to support the annual West Cork Rally by providing accommodation for competing teams, support vehicles and their families. The period is closed out on our calendar for direct applicants. Contact us if you would like to be added to our rally accommodation list. We can accommodate up to four teams of four.
West Cork is a popular film location and we have provided short-term and longer-term accommodation for film crews and support staff.
Our Terms & Conditions remind guests that they are responsible for obtaining their own travel insurance covering any late booking or wedding/event cancellations, disruption or health emergencies of any kind, where refunds are not applicable. This includes the current and any future pandemic. We are doing our part by reducing the potential risk to guests by not asking for deposits and delaying full payment until closer to arrival date. It is recommended to have insurance in place prior to making any payment which activates our Terms & Conditions.
Guests Comments & Scores
We strive to provide guests with a unique experience exceeding their expectations. Most of our guests are the result of personal referrals or repeat business who appreciate more than standard self-catering accommodation at a competitive market rate.
2019 was our first full calendar year of business and reviews received in the 2018/2019 period are shown below. We are highly appreciative of all our guests who not only have a kind word to say about how much they have enjoyed their stay, but also that they share this with others on social media (@ballynoehouse). 2020 and part of 2021 was lost due to lockdown, but since then we have been working hard to rebuild our business in support of “staycationers” and those from overseas who have many reasons to visit this part of Ireland.
Follow Ballynoe House on Facebook for news, updates and regional events. We are no longer listed with Booking.com due to their high rates of commission that directly impact the cost of your holiday.
Thank you for your support of the direct booking movement. We look forward to welcoming you as guests to our special piece of beautiful West Cork.
Mark & Felicity Grace, Ballynoe House
- Terms & Conditions (T&Cs) should be read carefully prior to making a reservation. Please retain a copy for your records. The T&Cs clearly outline the legal rights and obligations of both Ballynoe House as Owners/accommodation providers and the Hirer in terms of “fair use” of the guesthouses. If any clarifications are required please contact us before making any payment. Guests acknowledge that they are in separate Guesthouses but in the private grounds of the Owner’s home and that some outdoor amenities are shared.
- Insurance: In 2020, during the pandemic, many insurers who should have paid out according to their policies, were finding excuses not to do so. This left many customers of small business seeking refunds direct from these businesses. By their very nature, small businesses cannot be “insurers of last resort” when insurers do not honour their contracts. This is a matter between the customer and their insurer. Guests are advised to have full and proper cancellation & travel insurance from a reliable insurer prior to making any payment. Our reservation and booking policy is designed to minimise the risks to both customers and our business and it is reasonable to expect that our guests will do the same by taking out appropriate insurance.
- Making any form of payment is taken as acceptance of all T&Cs, including the cancellation and refund polices.