Reservation Enquiries (open to the end of 2024)
Thank you for your interest in staying with us at Ballynoe House; a unique luxury self-catering offering in Ireland. This page provides all the information you need to decide if we have accommodation to suit your requirements ahead of you contacting us about availability. Please do not hesitate to contact us if any questions remain unanswered. Our Reservation Book is open for advanced holiday, wedding/event planning, film crews and agency photoshoots in 2023 & 2024. We are open all year including Easter, Christmas & New Year holidays.
Ballynoe House is not part of the short-stay, hotel, or B&B hospitality sector as we operate with a minimum-stay policy (subject to availability and time of year). Kindly note that we do not provide 1- or 2-night stays, or short-stay accommodation by the room, only renting you an entire self-catering guesthouse for an agreed period. Between September & April special rates are available for monthly rentals.
SPECIAL NOTE ON REMAINING 2023 AVAILABILITY: For the main summer holiday period 2023 (i.e. mid-June to late August) we only have a few slots remaining due to unprecedented demand. If any of our remaining dates are of interest, please contact us as early as possible. An upsurge in post-Covid wedding events and returning guests means we are often reserved a year in advance. Cancellations can be found on our Facebook page and dealt with on a first come, first served basis. Please use our deposit-free reservation policy if you wish to plan for 2024.
Our price list (download from link in the right-hand column) for regular stays is based on full guesthouse occupancy at €40 per person per night.
Our three Guesthouses are available for reservation, subject to any Government restrictions that may be in force due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. Changes to operations due to Covid are included in the “Booking Preamble”, below. Any policy changes are announced on our Facebook page. We are open to international visitors.
As supporters of the Booking Direct movement, you will not find us on third-party agent (TPA), or commission-based websites that increase the cost of your stay through commission paid by your accommodation provider. We do not have an automatic booking system, so you benefit from our detailed and personalised service to ensure our accommodation, facilities, and available bedroom configurations are the right choice for you. Telephone, WhatsApp, email, or message us through social media to check for availability.
To make a Reservation, we require the following basic information from you:
- Your full name & registered residential address.
- Your mobile number & your contact email.
- Your proposed arrival date and ETA (if known).
- The number of nights to be reserved (this is a minimum of, but not limited to 7 nights in High Season. However, you are not limited to a fixed weekly block if booking more than 7 nights).
- The makeup of your party (such as family dynamics that meet guesthouse capacity and bedroom configurations).
- The number of vehicles that require overnight parking.
- Additional requests, such as highchair, travel cot or additional mattress (mattress, Mews only).
- Any other requirements to support guests with special needs (in 2021 Ballynoe House was recognised as one of the best holiday destinations in Ireland for families with autistic children).
- For market research purposes, please let us know how you found out about us and the reason for your reservation.
- For operational and logistical reasons, we are unable to accept pets except for registered service dogs when registration documents are provided at the time of reservation.
Our Reservation Policy & Guarantee: We provide simple low-risk/no-deposit Reservations. Reservation confirmations are issued by our electronic system (FreetoBook). All Reservations are non-binding and expire two calendar months prior to your arrival date if no payment is received. Full payment makes your Reservation a firm Booking. Payment is by bank transfer for guests based within the Eurozone (IBAN provided on the reservation document). A secure payment credit card link can be issued for guests outside of the Eurozone upon request. Final booking documentation is issued once full payment is received. In return for our Guarantee, we simply ask for you to cancel any Reservations promptly when no longer required.
If you have any questions about our Reservation Policy or the facilities on offer at Ballynoe House, please ask. Check out our guest reviews where we are rated 4.9 out of 5 on average. We aim to exceed your expectations for self-catering accommodation.
We look forward to receiving your enquiry and helping you plan a memorable stay in West Cork.
Mark & Felicity Grace
Owners, Ballynoe House – November 2022
Reservation & Booking Detail
As a result of the Covid-19 pandemic (officially ongoing), the T&Cs and the Privacy Notice may be amended from time to time. Changes are announced on our Facebook page. Please follow us on social media to be fully informed and learn more about Ballynoe House and the measures we have taken to protect our guests and contractors.
We strive to ensure transparency by having everything clear and upfront, so you can book with confidence. Contact us if you have any questions or we can assist in tailoring your stay. All our accommodation is customised to meet the requirements of each guest group, and this must be agreed at the time of reservation. We require 24 hours to prepare if you are booking at short notice.
Kindly note that we are operating with the following recommended Covid protocols for accommodation providers:
- Stays <7 nights are subject to availability and operating conditions, but a 7-night minimum is assumed in High Season. A short-stay surcharge per guesthouse is applicable and will not be <3 nights (except for weekends which are 2 nights and priced separately).
- Same day changeovers require a later check-in and earlier check-out time to allow for proper ventilation post-occupancy ahead of servicing and the next guest arrival. This is a health & safety measure for the protection of all. Our standard check-in time is 18:00 with guest check-out at 09:00 prompt. Flexibility is subject to availability and will be agreed with guests nearer the time or on the day.
- Social distancing measures will be in place when meeting with the Owners on check-in.
- Soft furnishings have been reduced and only the beds required will be made up. Only one pillow is provided for each guest. Additional pillows available on request.
- Before leaving, guests are requested to place all used bed linen and towels in duvet bags in the foyer of the guesthouse ready for laundry collection, as well as ensuring all remaining used utensils, crockery, glasses, and cutlery are placed in the dishwater and turned on. If using more than one guesthouse, to return any ‘borrowed’ inventory to the original guesthouse.
- Our electronic Guesthouse and tourism guide is provided as part of the final Booking documents.
Ballynoe House is pleased to be associated with leading local and award-winning wedding venues Dunmore House Hotel & Fernhill House Hotel. We also provide support accommodation for events at the Celtic Ross Hotel, Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa and neighbouring Dunowen House. Contact us to discuss your accommodation requirements for your bridal party and wedding guests.
Nightly rates are all-inclusive of utilities, services & amenities as advertised plus the current rate of VAT (9% until the end of February 2023, rising to 13.5% thereafter).
In support of families and depending on the bedroom configuration you choose; one or two children (travel cot + mattress) may be effectively staying without additional cost.
We Offer a Lot More than Standard Self-Catering
Ballynoe House is child-friendly, providing two acres of grounds for kids to explore. A highchair and one cot are included free of charge in each Guesthouse (cot bedding not provided). Parents can bring their own travel cot and portable stair gates as required. For families that need to accommodate an additional child above the standard sleeping configuration, a mattress can be supplied upon request (Note: this facility is only available in each Mews house, suitable for a child or small adult bringing their own sleeping bag or bedding. We supply the pillow). Please mention this requirement as part of the bedroom configurations agreed at the time of reservation.
For operational reasons and the low-allergen interiors, we operate with a no-smoking/no vaping policy.
Ballynoe House supports Clonakilty as the first autism-friendly town in Ireland. We provide tranquil indoor and sensory outdoor spaces for those that need it. We have a degree of flexibility in our autism-friendly accommodation, so please contact us ahead of making a reservation to ensure that we can support your stay. We are delighted to be recognised as one of the best holiday destinations in Ireland for families with autistic children.
To preserve the tranquil setting of our home, the rights of other guests, neighbours, and the local environment, all social events or functions that exceed the contractual number of occupants in any of the guesthouses must be agreed in advance. Ballynoe House is a gated property which can provide additional safety and security if required for events or those with young children or special needs.
Generous off-road parking allows us to support the annual West Cork Rally by providing accommodation for up to four competing teams, support vehicles and their families. Contact us if you would like to be added to our rally accommodation list.
West Cork is a popular film and photoshoot location. We provide short and longer-term accommodation for agencies, film crews and their support staff.
Our Terms & Conditions remind guests that they are responsible for obtaining their own travel insurance covering any late booking or wedding/event cancellations, disruption, or health emergencies of any kind, where refunds are not applicable. This includes the current and any future pandemic. We are doing our part by reducing your potential risks by not asking for non-refundable deposits and accepting payment closer to your arrival date than many other accommodation providers. It is recommended to have insurance in place prior to making any payment which activates our Terms & Conditions.
Guests Comments & Scores
We strive to provide guests with a unique experience exceeding expectation. Over half of our guests are the result of personal referrals or repeat business; guests who appreciate more than standard self-catering accommodation at a competitive market rate (when compared to local hotels, B&B, guesthouses, and summer property letting).
2019 was our first full calendar year of business. We are highly appreciative of all our guests who not only have a kind word to say about how much they have enjoyed their stay, but also that they share this with others on social media (@ballynoehouse). 2020 and part of 2021 was sadly lost due to lockdown, but since then, as all businesses, we have been working hard to rebuild ours and to support the increased level of “staycationers” and those from overseas who have many reasons to visit our special and beautiful piece of Ireland. We thank you for your support in continuing challenging times for all.
- Terms & Conditions (T&Cs): Please read carefully prior to making a reservation and retain a copy for your records. The T&Cs clearly outline the legal rights and obligations of both Ballynoe House as Owners/Accommodation Providers and the Hirer in terms of “fair use” of the guesthouses. If any clarifications are required, contact us before making payment. Guests acknowledge that they are in separate Guesthouses but within the private grounds of the Owner’s home and that some outdoor amenities are shared. Accommodation is provided on a 100% self-catering basis.
- Insurance: In 2020, during the pandemic, insurers who should have paid out according to their policies, were finding excuses not to do so. This left many customers of small businesses seeking refunds directly from these businesses. By their very nature, small businesses are not “insurers of last resort” when insurance companies themselves do not pay out. This is a matter between the customer and their insurer. Guests are advised to have full and proper cancellation & travel insurance from a reliable insurer prior to making any payment. Our reservation and booking policy minimize risks to both customers and our business and guests should do their part. Making any form of payment is taken as acceptance of all T&Cs, including the cancellation and refund policies detailed therein.