The Long & the Short of It
As mentioned in an earlier blog post, the Ballynoe House market survey identified walking as the prime activity for visitors. Anything from a stroll to a major hike. Here are a few to consider.
There a number of a short & medium distance walks directly from Ballynoe House:
- To/from Galley Head
- Circular tour of Ardfield village via Red Strand
- The Wild Atlantic Way between Dunowen & Dunmore (via Dunnycove & Ballycusheen)
Shorter walks reached by car:
- Long Strand (beach and dunes)
- Castlefreke: Woodland Trail
- Castlefreke: Castle Cross, the Warrens & Kilkeren Lake walks
- Inchydoney beach & dunes
- Carrigfadda Hill Walk (just north of Reenascreena)
- The Fastnet Trails between Skibbereen & Ballydehob
- Parts of the Sheep’s Head Walk
- Parts of the Seven Heads Walk
More information (lists, maps & grade) for Biking & Walking Trails in County Cork.
With modern centrally-heated holiday lets, Ballynoe House will provide luxury all-year round accommodation. Ideal for the out of season visitor to West Cork.